This tour takes you direct to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, the world’s first (open since 1927) and largest koala sanctuary to cuddle these gorgeous marsupial mammals and get close to 95 species of native Australian wildlife. Enjoy an Australiana show. Learn about unique native wildlife, birds and reptiles before we drive to the scenic lookout at Mount Coot-tha to enjoy city and Moreton Bay views.
BRISBANE AFTERNOON AT LONE PINE AND MT COOT-THA LOOKOUT
This afternoon tour travels through the leafy subtropical city of Brisbane to Mt Coot-tha Lookout and Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
GOLD COAST DEPARTURE
|12:45||DEPART BRISBANE HOTEL/TRANSIT CENTRE|
LONE PINE KOALA SANCTUARY
This 4.6 hectare/11 acre park is the world’s oldest and largest sanctuary, founded in 1927. See koalas, kangaroos, Tasmanian devils, wombats, echidnas, reptiles and the only platypus in captivity. This is one of the few venues in the world where you can hold a koala (own cost). There are daily free shows and you can feed kangaroos (some with a joey in the pouch) and meet colourful Australian lorikeets and cockatoos. A place of joy!
MT COOT-THA LOOKOUT
The coach journeys to the peak at 287 metres above sea level for views of the Brisbane CBD and lush bushland around the city. The television and radio towers are erected on Mt Coot-tha and we will pass the Brisbane Botanic Gardens and Planetarium. Time to visit the sky-high cafeteria for afternoon tea or an icecream.
|17:00||RETURN BRISBANE HOTEL|
|TOUR CODE||Brisbane: B83|
|TIME||Brisbane: 12.45pm - 5.00pm|
|OPERATES||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday|
|CENTRAL MEETING POINT||Brisbane: Brisbane Transit Centre Roma Street|
- Hotel Pick up - Please wait outside hotel or designated pick-up point at least 5 minutes prior to pick-up time
- Pick-up times may vary by 10 minutes depending on traffic
- Changing road conditions may result in alternate pick up points
- Fares - Shown in Australian dollars inclusive of GST. This brochure supercedes all prices previously advertised.
- Child Fares - These apply to children 3 to 13 years inclusive. Infants aged under 3 are free, unless otherwise stated.
- Cancellation Fees - Any tour cancelled within 24 hours of departure will incur 100% fee.
- Concession Fares - $5 off Full Day Tours valid for Pension, Seniors Card Holders and Backpackers. Students and Backpackers - $5 off Full Day Tours except theme parks and Tangalooma Island Tours.
- Credit Card Surcharges - 2%-4% card fee applicable.
- We reserve the right to substitute coaches and operators where necessary.
- Itineraries - Subject to change without notice. Limited tours operate Good Friday, Easter Monday, Anzac Day and Christmas Day. The JPT Tour Group retains the right to cancel tours, amend fares, itineraries and days of operation. At times it may be necessary to provide alternative transport.
- Additional departure days available on most tours, subject to numbers.
- Money Back Guarantee - for claims related directly to JPT and subject to your travel agent’s policy.